Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Inspirational Concepts

The program Inspiration has a lot of potential in the classroom. I can see it being used for many subjects. I enjoyed working with it, although I thought it took a while to create my concept map, so it could be time consuming in the classroom. I found Inspiration was really good for organizing ideas and helping see the bigger picture.

This particular concept map that I created deals with rocks, minerals, and soils, a grade 3 science topic. This concept map could help students see how rocks, minerals, and soils are related. Students could even make their own concept map which would show their level of understanding of how rocks, minerals, and soils are related and the properties on how they’re classified.

Using Inspiration for this concept map allows for quite a few of the technology outcomes to be fulfilled, although these are some that fit the best:
C1 Students will access, use and communicate information from a variety of technologies.
C4 Students will use organizational processes and tools to manage inquiry.
P2 Students will organize and manipulate data.

No comments: